Saturday, September 7, 2013

'Horsin' Around'

I know you're thinking...
what the heck is she talking about?
It's a mini book I did recently.
It's for a friend of mine, here in Arizona.
(HOME is still Oregon, ya know)

Last year sometime, when I met her...
she invited me to her house... and I brought along
my daughter and her kiddos.
why???
'Cause she has horses!
I took a bunch of photos...
and FINALLY got around to getting it DONE
to give to her.
(I haven't yet)
The book now has little notes written in it from the kiddos.


I used an old Heidi Swapp mini stencil to spritz the flower!





The 'fluff' at the side of the tag is tissue paper fringed with 
my Martha Stewart fringe scissors, that my darling daughter gave me!
I lOve them!!! 
 Notice the little 'window' at the right that gives a 
sweet little peek to the next page...
I put printed acetate paper between the paper!
I used several punches to create the dimensional 'flower'.
Up close and personal...
I used a border punch on the side(s) of the page...
And last, but not least...
I have save thin corrugated carton paper...
and thus... I can create some fun accents, like the heart!
Up close:
I am 'helping/teaching' a group of friends from Fry's
in making one for themselves.
Talk about LOVING it...(me!)
and those times reminding me of how much I lOve teaching!
I have missed it terribly.
 
All the materials are 'old' from my seemingly never-ending stash.
Someday... hopefully... it will be used up!

thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this entry. You my friend are so talented! One of the most creative friends I have. I miss your energy and loving nature towards us all. How I miss those times. But what wonderful memories that I can look back on. So blessed that you came into my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! But I don't know who this is??? 'green Ivy????? so sorry! lol

      Delete