Saturday, January 12, 2013

Scrappy Saturday

It's Scrappy Saturday again!

I can hardly believe it's been a week already.
Time flies when you are having FUN, right?
So I must be having fun!

 I have TWO layouts to share with you.
One, this first one, I have had in my 'TO DO' pile since ... believe it or not, 2008.
I had a page bookmarked in the Scrapbooks etc. July 2008 magazine all this time.
This is the layout:

 At the time I worked at Craft Warehouse in Gresham, Oregon.
I used their Accu-cut machine to cut out the 'water'.
If you live near a Craft Warehouse... it's the BEST craft store EVER,
and definitely warrants a trip to!

This is my layout.  I had the pictures too, from way back then.
My grandson was a very young little guy!


Yes, I used only cardstock.  I 'altered' it using the  Tattered Angels 'Glimmer Mist'.
It was fun, AND messy.  I do have an easy clean-up mat... but still.

And her are some of the DETAILS: 


I didn't want fish... so I made beach balls, using large brads and covering them with ZING!
If you've never done this, it's fun and easy.
Just cover the brad really well with Versamark, then dip into the ZING! and emboss.
Let it dry well, before using it. (doesn't take long at all)
I did the same thing with the lettering, as I couldn't find some that matched well enough.

 
 This next layout is:
'outta my head'.
I don't think I'm very good sometimes, but my daughter LOVED it...
so that's good for me!

Yeah, it's me holding my kiddos.
I LOVE them SO much.
Here are some DETAILS:
Again, I had the pictures and papers together for a LONG time.
And, my goal is to get OLD projects DONE, no more excuses.
So, yes, the product is older.
EXCEPT for one thing.
The ribbon you see at the top of the page.
Heidi Swapp uses this all the time.
I finally ordered it off the web, and tried it... and LOVED it.
It's [HUG SNUG] seam binding, believe it or not. 
You can get it HERE. I just got WHITE, so I can color it how I want!
And it's VERY in-expensive!


I misted with the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.
I only have FOUR bottles of it.  Someday I want to get Heidi's new Color Shine.


I have a neat project to show you tomorrow.
I can't wait...
I've been working on it for awhile...
and I'm FINALLY adding it to my 
I DID IT!!!

thanks for visiting!

danella

No comments:

Post a Comment