Sunday, February 24, 2013

Scrappy Saturday, oops, it's Sunday!


 OH MARY!

It's the title of my new little mini book. 
I love it!
Mary is the little girl that my grand-daughter adores.
I was at the pool, where my daughter and all her friends go.
It was such fun watching all the kiddos play!
I was snapping photos, and saw that I really got some cute ones,
of this little girl.
So I decided to make a mini book of her...
and I'll give it to her mom!
No special reason, other than I was selfish...
'cause I really wanted to create this!

Here it is.

     
I had the chipboard mini for a long time... time to use it!
I covered the front with:
A cover I created on Microsoft Publisher.
I faded out a photo on Picassa... and cropped it to just the lower part,
with her cute little bathing suit skirt and legs!
Then added the scrolls alongside.
The clear letters are OLD ones from Heidi Swapp.
The ribbon I died with Glimmer Mist - Electric Blue.
(The 'ribbon' is "Hug Snug" seam binding!)

     
 Almost all of the embellishments are from Heidi Swapp...
old and new.
(Yes, I have a 'Heidi Swapp' drawer!)
The only items that are not HS, are the little heart gems.
OH, and the paper is from 
 A My Mind's Eye, 'fine and dandy6x6 paper pad.
(Except the glitter paper...it's DCWV Glitter Stack!) 


When I do mini books, I often like to write little
poems/songs about the photos.
Why???
dunno.  just do.
The words kinda 'sing' to me in my head when I'm doing the book.
I cannot sing.
At all.  LoL  
 

Again, most of the embellishment are from HS.
The bird is a die cut from a Tim Holtz die.
The little paper clip topper is from Target.
(thank you Kari!)
I made the tag title tag... and the gems are from Doodlebug (old). 


This next page is probably my favorite one!
I just love the garland...
and the first line on the glitter title tag!
Yes, all the embellishment are HS.
Old ones... that I've had for a long long time.
The only new item (from HS) is the sequin arrow!   


Notice the tape holding the garland in place???
 Believe it or not, it's also from HS,
it was some decorative tape, BEFORE Washi Tape...
from [the trendsetter] Heidi!
Cute, huh?
Oh, and the little staples???
They are from the Tim Holtz stapler.
    

This side is so cute too, I had to show you a close-up!

The book goes to the back of the book/cover...
(which I used a page from an old DCWV stack)
then I 'continued' the 'story' on the 'back pages'.
 

I even have [old] HS chipboard letters!
Crazy, huh?
The tall girl in the photo is my grand-daughter...who's 7 here.
she lOvEs to 'baby-sit' little Mary!
It's so cute to watch.   


Just simple and cute.

The chipboard letters here are [old] from Making Memories.
The rest from HS.


On the right page...at the top...
I created a little pocket... using the HS tape.
In it I put a wee little note with the info on it of:
time and place and who.

 
I've been working off and on on this book about 4 weeks,
along with having to do some other major items.
Oh my gosh... I finally got through the major events...
and cleaning up my disastrous craft room...
and finished it!
yippee!

I'll give it to Mary's mom...soon.

If you'd like to PIN the WHOLE book,
I think you'll like this below!
thanks for visiting!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment